---
title: "W5500 transformer"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9535"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9535/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "slavenp"
created: "2013-09-22T20:41:53+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:32:36+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 853
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 transformer

## Question

Asked by slavenp on 2013-09-22 in Ethernet Chips.

Dear

Can you use network transformer&RJ45 (like hanrun hr911105a), instead pulse transformer in your w5500 reference design.

Best regards

## Replies

### Reply 1 by hjjeon0608, 2013-09-23

Dear customer.
Thanks for your interest in W5500.

We tested same schematic RJ45 of other company, and W5500 works well.
So, I think HR911105A could be used in W5500.
But I recommend RJ45 in our reference design.

Thanks.
WIZnet.

### Reply 2 by vedat, 2014-04-28

[@hjjeon0608](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/hjjeon0608), I had an HR911105A lying around so I used it with your setup and it works perfectly fine. Now I did have a few simple questions. Can I continue using it for a long time, I’m not sure if it’ll adversely affect my W5500. Also, could you please tell me a little more about why you’ll recommend RJ45? What are the specific differences in the two that might make the whole system stable for me in the long run?

### Reply 3 by hjjeon0608, 2014-04-30

Hi vedat,

The reason I recommend reference RJ45 is we have tested it. We don’t test all RJ45 but HR911105A is same characteristic as our reference RJ45 so it will work well. And it’s all I can tell you.

Best regards.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9535
