---
title: "About the W5300 category"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9516"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9516/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "system"
created: "2013-09-09T08:31:11+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-03-05T23:16:18+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 909
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# About the W5300 category

## Question

Asked by system on 2013-09-09 in Ethernet Chips.

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. **Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.**)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

- Why should people use this category? What is it for?

- How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

- What should topics in this category generally contain?

- Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Stanislav, 2023-03-03

Hello there. I`m using W5300 to send data according to MACRAW protocol. I use FPGA state machine to control W5300, everything is working and it`s about 57Mb/s (socket0, 1500byte packages). But if I load the same design to FPGA with power keept on it’s will become ~108Mb/s. After FPGA design had loaded W5300 reseted without violating any timings, then I do initiation steps again and then open Socket0 again. Have no idea how is it even possible, don`t know why it`s speed become more than 100Mb/s. Also at 100Mb/s I have no data loosing, it is still 1500bytes in package and for 2.5 million packages it`s only 0.002% packages that are not recieved (I think that`s ok for MACRAW)

The main question is ‘how does W5300 internal reset work, which parts(registers) of chip are not reseted?’

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9516
