---
title: "[From QnA] I can't configure WIZ145SR: Invalid Msg Recv"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9504"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9504/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "jameskim"
created: "2013-09-09T00:57:02+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:29:56+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 705
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# [From QnA] I can't configure WIZ145SR: Invalid Msg Recv

## Question

Asked by jameskim on 2013-09-09 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I’m trying to configure a new WIZ145SR module using the WIZ14xSR ConfigTool Rev 1.41, but each time I click the search button
the debug port on the module shows: Invalid Msg Recv.
The ConfigTool does not find the device. How can I configure it!!
Here is the log from the debug port:

[quote]Boot Ver1.3

> UPLOAD_IDLE
>
> > > WIZ14X Ver1.0&lt;&lt;&lt;
> > > [Date:2010.4.5]
> > > W5300 Init
> > > Get Config: Addr = 803f800 Config = 15dc0800
> > > Restarted normally
> > > Setting Network Information
> > > => Local MAC Address Setted
> > > => Subnet Mask Setted
> > > => Gateway Address Setted
> > > => Local IP Address Setted
> > > Listen[CH0] 0
> > > Listen[CH1] 0
> > > Listen[CH2] 0
> > > Listen[CH3] 0
> > > Invalid Msg Recv
> > > Invalid Msg Recv
> > > Invalid Msg Recv
> > > [/quote]

I click the Search button three times and each time the Invalid Msg Recv is sent out the debug port.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jameskim, 2013-09-10

Hi,

In case of having multiple IP address in your computer, you can get “Invalid Msg Recv” when searching WIZ140SR.

First, [color=#FF0000]eliminate other IP addresses except one IP address [/color]from your computer.
Then, Click “Search” on your WIZ140SR configuration tool.

I think you can get a board information on the Configuration tool without “Invalid Msg Recv”.

Thank you.

javakys

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9504
