---
title: "[From QnA] WIZ108SR problem"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9501"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9501/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "jameskim"
created: "2013-09-09T00:28:15+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:29:54+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 479
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# [From QnA] WIZ108SR problem

## Question

Asked by jameskim on 2013-09-09 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Dear Wiznet,
I purchased a WIZ108SR modul (MAC: 00-0B-DC-19-91-C9), but I cannot make it run.

1. I tried with config tool → no modul found, no ping response

2. I tried with CMD Mode → nothing in the terminal window

3. I tried with WizISP → I succesfully connected to it and every memory block is “FF” → empty ??? I got an empty MCU???

4. I tried to reflash with WIZ108SR_V220.bin → still no go

5. I tried with other example programs (like HTTPs demo) and the modul worked
   So, where is the problem? How can I change my modul back to work? How to reflash it in a correct way?
   I need the correct firmware for programing with WizISP.

Best Regards,
Gyozo Madar
DVComp
gyozo.madar@gmail.com

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jameskim, 2013-09-09

Dear customer,

I’ll let you know what wrong matter is.
Wiz108sr_v220.bin is only about application. Therefore Wiz108sr_v220.bin should be uploaded using configuration tool.
I think that you removed the boot code of boot area.
you can request RMA to the agency which you get the module.
Thanks,
WIZnet

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9501
