---
title: "W5500 TCP/IP domain connect doesn't find actual ip adderss"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9430"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9430/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "swkim96"
created: "2024-07-21T17:54:19+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-07-22T14:12:25+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["MicroPython"]
views: 9
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 TCP/IP domain connect doesn't find actual ip adderss

## Question

Asked by swkim96 on 2024-07-21 in MCU & Boards.

W5500 for raspberr pi pico using micropython doesn't connect properly by domain name, but it works correctly by ip address connecting.

for both release

rp2_w5500_20220421_v1.0.5.uf2

and

rp2_w5500_20221111_v2.0.0.uf2

showed same result from

<https://github.com/Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-MicroPython/releases>

Can I find latest version of firmware?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by TheoIm, 2024-07-22

Hi, I'm Theo from WIZnet.

First, I have a few questions to ask in order to get the precise details of your issue.

1.What is the exact error message you receive when you try to connect using a domain name?

2.Could you share a portion of the MicroPython code you are using, especially the network configuration section?

3.Which DNS server are you using, or how have you configured your DNS settings?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9430
