---
title: "Need Help regarding w6100"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9387"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9387/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "IO Modules"
author: "Sudeep1310"
created: "2024-06-18T13:33:38+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-06-19T10:43:24+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 7
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Need Help regarding w6100

## Question

Asked by Sudeep1310 on 2024-06-18 in IO Modules.

Hi

I am working with W6100 with ESP32 and w6100 with STM32 both projects are different. I am trying to send contentiously data on socket. Data rate is 200 packets/ Sec. packet size is 220 bytes and it is in JSON format. But I am getting this speed in ESP32 wifi but when I am trying to send data with 6100 SPI interface with ESP32 that time I observed I am getting very low speed. data rate reduced to 40 packets/ sec. Please guide to achieve desired speed. I am using w6100 library from https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/libraries/webserver_esp32_w6100/ Please guide if I am doing anything wrong. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sudeep

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Sudeep1310, 2024-06-18

Can you please provide library for esp32 with your suggested changes?

### Reply 2 by Sudeep1310, 2024-06-18

Just checked library uses DMA for SPI data transfer.

### Reply 3 by Sudeep1310, 2024-06-18

Please Guide for increase speed.

### Reply 4 by matthew, 2024-06-19

hello.
At 200 packets per second (220 bytes per packet), would it be correct to say that we are transferring 44000 bytes (44kbytes) per second?
For the W6100 Chip, the maximum transmission speed is 25Mbps,
The transfer rate issue appears to be an issue with the library you are using.
Please take a look at the following.

1. using an arduino Ethernet library (currently it looks like you are using the library provided by esp32).

-> [WIZnet Arduino Ethernet · GitHub](https://github.com/WIZnet-arduinoEthernet)

-> [IPv4/IPv6 W6100-EVB-Pico with Arduino IDE - Hackster.io](https://www.hackster.io/loveivyou/ipv4-ipv6-w6100-evb-pico-with-arduino-ide-6bb7df)
2. programming using WIZnet ioLibrary Driver

-> [GitHub - Wiznet/io6Library: io6Library is the integrated library for dual TCP/IP statck contorller such as W6100.](https://github.com/Wiznet/io6Library)

Thank you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9387
