---
title: "WizFi 360 - BSSID Roaming"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9342"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9342/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "maxrate"
created: "2024-05-28T04:51:54+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-05-30T13:38:02+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 6
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WizFi 360 - BSSID Roaming

## Question

Asked by maxrate on 2024-05-28 in Wireless.

Hello - My WizFi360 needs to roam around the residence. I have a Ubiquiti Network with 6 AP's around the residence, outdoor AP's to be added soon now that the weather is good. I notice that the WizFi seems to ''stick'' to the same AP, even if that AP is fringe coverage. I could be a meter or so beside another AP and the WizFi stays connected to the original one it ''latched'' on to. Is there a trick or something I am missing to have the WizFi roam around, selecting the closest AP? Communication is very unreliable unless located close to the original AP that the WizFi connects to when booting up. In Ubiquiti I've tried enabling 802.11r fast roaming, no difference.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by maxrate, 2024-05-28

The WIZnet AI bot replied and this answers my question. I wonder if engineering has any plans to implement roaming. The AI suggestion about building my own (Signal Strength Monitoring) is a little tricky in transparent mode (at least I'd believe it to be).

### Reply 2 by Aimee0, 2024-05-30 (in reply to reply 1)

We currently do not have plans to implement roaming functionality. However, we will review whether it can be incorporated in the future.

The `AT+CWLAP` command returns a list of available APs.

The `AT+CWLAPOPT` command configures the `AT+CWLAP` results to be sorted by RSSI.

We recommend periodically using these commands to check the RSSI and connect to the AP with the highest RSSI.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9342
