---
title: "Creating Separate Project including the Wiznet Standard Library for W7500 on Surf5"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9340"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9340/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "boseji"
created: "2024-05-23T02:09:35+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-05-30T13:09:15+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["surf5-contest-ref"]
views: 11
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Creating Separate Project including the Wiznet Standard Library for W7500 on Surf5

## Question

Asked by boseji on 2024-05-23 in MCU & Boards.

Hello,

I have been trying out most of the projects while waiting for the kit to arrive.

Wondering if there is a way to make a stand alone project with the Wiznet Standard Library and our own project code.

Right now if I remove the Standard Library and create a new src directory the CMake file refuses to configure.

Please some one can guide me on this.

PS: I will post the screen shots of the errors soon.

Many thanks,

boseji

## Replies

### Reply 1 by boseji, 2024-05-23

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am using VS Code for Surf5 development with `gnu-arm-none-eabi` tool chain.

Also the W7500 library is now stored in diffrent location <https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib>

Kindly look into this.

Regards,

boseji

### Reply 2 by boseji, 2024-05-23

Also just for reference. I am using the Surf 5 Board hence the source code repository is <https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500x-Surf5>

Kindly guide me here.

### Reply 3 by TheoIm, 2024-05-30 (in reply to reply 2)

The link <https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500x-Surf5> provides the official firmware (F/W) for Surf 5 by WIZnet.

The link <https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib> does not include a separate CMakeLists.txt file in the project, which prevents it from being run in VS Code; please refer to the Surf 5 project link for guidance.

Additionally, if you intend to execute a Surf 5 project in VS Code, I recommend following the toolchain setup and various setup processes provided in the links below:

- [Getting Started with VS Code Installation Guide](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/Open-Source-Hardware/surf5/getting-started/install-vscode-guide)

- [Firmware Examples](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/Open-Source-Hardware/surf5/getting-started/fw-examples)

### Reply 4 by TheoIm, 2024-05-30 (in reply to reply 2)

Surf 5 Install Guide : <https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/Open-Source-Hardware/surf5/getting-started/install-vscode-guide>
Surf 5 VsCode Set up Guide : https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/Open-Source-Hardware/surf5/getting-started/fw-examples

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9340
