---
title: "Continuous ARP requests"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9326"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9326/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "kp3498"
created: "2024-05-10T08:12:20+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-05-14T18:45:03+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["CircuitPython", "MicroPython"]
views: 10
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Continuous ARP requests

## Question

Asked by kp3498 on 2024-05-10 in MCU & Boards.

I am working on WIZNET W5500 EVB Pico, I want to send a UDP packet at regular intervals.
I am noticing that it is doing ARP request before every udp is sent.
I want the ARP request to happen only once at the start.
I guess providing destination MAC would solve this problem, but I am working on [Adafruit Wiznet5k Library](https://docs.circuitpython.org/projects/wiznet5k/en/latest/index.html). It doesn't have any API to set the destination MAC address.

Any suggestion on how to tackle this?

I have attached my script to this.
In the script I am reading digital I/Os and Analog I/Os, storing them in a structure and sending that structure over UDP.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by TheoIm, 2024-05-10

Unfortunately, I am unable to review or provide advice on code that is not specifically related to our F/W development. Additionally, please note that we do not provide any separate firmware related to this issue. If you have other questions or need further assistance with our products, feel free to reach out. Thank you for your understanding.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9326
