---
title: "W5500 getting Disconnected"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/16000"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/16000/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Harry_01"
created: "2026-03-06T18:43:19+09:00"
last_activity: "2026-03-09T16:41:53+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["W5500"]
views: 5
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 getting Disconnected

## Question

Asked by Harry_01 on 2026-03-06 in Ethernet Chips.

In the lab when I am using W5500 in the fuel dispenser , the communications link is stable but when I deploy the same dispenser to field just across the road using f the same network the ethernet disconnects and reconnects only when I restart the divice. After restarting, it again disconnects as soon as I start a transaction.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Lihan__, 2026-03-09

Thank you for your inquiry.

I apologize for asking basic questions, but due to limited information about your product configuration and environment, it's difficult to provide a precise analysis. Based on the fact that it works fine in the lab but fails in the field, I'd like to verify some fundamental points.

---

**1. Symptom Details:**
- Does it work normally for a certain period before disconnecting, or does it disconnect immediately?
- After restarting, how long does it work before disconnecting? (seconds/minutes)
- Does the problem occur with specific transaction types only?

**2. Power Supply:**
- Is the power supply method identical between field and lab? (adapter capacity, battery, etc.)
- Do other loads (motors, pumps, etc.) activate simultaneously when a transaction starts?

**3. Network Configuration:**
- How many devices are operating simultaneously?
- If multiple devices: What are the IP and MAC address settings for each device?
- Is the network itself functioning properly? (can you ping the gateway/server?)

**4. Network Infrastructure:**
- Is the switch/router model different between lab and field?
- Is the Ethernet cable length longer in the field than in the lab? (how many meters?)

---

Typically, when devices work in lab but fail in field, the main causes are power quality issues or network infrastructure differences.

Please provide information on whichever items you can check first, and we'll proceed from there. Thank you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/16000
