---
title: "Query for the w5500 https protocol"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15961"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15961/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Govindaraj"
created: "2025-12-23T14:34:03+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-12-24T09:43:28+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["W5500"]
views: 3
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Query for the w5500 https protocol

## Question

Asked by Govindaraj on 2025-12-23 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi Team,

I am currently working with the W5500 Ethernet module, which provides support for the TCP/IP stack. I have successfully implemented TCP, HTTP, and MQTT functionality using this module.

Currently, I am looking to implement secure protocols such as HTTPS and MQTTS. I would like to understand if the W5500 natively supports these secure protocols. If it does not, I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to implement HTTPS and MQTTS using this module, or alternative approaches to achieve secure communication.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Govindaraj

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Hannah, 2025-12-24

Hi,

This repository provides well-organized **AWS-based MQTTS and HTTPS examples**, so please take a look:
<https://github.com/WIZnet-ioNIC/WIZnet-PICO-AWS-C>

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15961
