---
title: "Compiling WIZ750SR on Linux"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15942"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15942/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "winaw90106"
created: "2025-11-21T05:53:49+09:00"
last_activity: "2026-05-12T05:37:30+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["WIZ750SR", "Linux"]
views: 11
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Compiling WIZ750SR on Linux

## Question

Asked by winaw90106 on 2025-11-21 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Anyone compiling WIZ750SR on Linux? Or at least without Keil on Windows?

A

## Replies

### Reply 1 by winaw90106, 2025-11-22

I made a makefile and compiled the "S2E_App". An unexpected result was that the binary file is 92kB while the binary file stored to the project file is about 60kB. I believe the project file was compiled using Keil 5. I do not see any debug options enabled.
The gcc compiler/linker I used is 10.3 (also tried 4.9 which is the one mentioned on Wiznet documentation).

### Reply 2 by TheoIm, 2025-11-24

Hello,

WIZ750SR firmware is officially supported only in the Keil µVision 5 environment.
To obtain the same build output as the official firmware, you must use the Keil toolchain, which requires a valid Keil license.

When compiling the S2E_App with GCC, it is normal for the resulting binary to be larger. Keil and GCC use very different optimization and linking strategies, so reproducing the ~60 kB Keil output exactly with GCC is practically very difficult.

Thanks

### Reply 3 by winaw90106, 2025-11-25 (in reply to reply 2)

After fine-tuning compiler/linker parameters I ended up having 74KB binary file. I am fine by that. What comes to Keil 5 support I would very much like to see the project updated. In minimum based on something that is supported to day and if I may wish, make it vendor independent. The nature of the product line would benefit from that. But this is IMHO of course.

### Reply 4 by winaw90106, 2025-11-28

Looks like my port of 1.45 only works with bootloaders &lt;= 1.29. According to a quick analysis it seems that 1.30+ bootloaders do not copy ISR vector area to 0x00 anymore. Just wondering how this is now done? Vectors are copied as part of the APP startup code or vector address is changed in the APP start procedure?

### Reply 5 by kbenyous, 2026-05-12

Hello. I have forked the WIZ750SR Github repository, and started implementing a port from ARM Keil to GCC. I use ARM-GNU-GCC and CMake, and it runs fine with VSCode in WSL.

<https://github.com/kbenyous/WIZ750SR/tree/feature/gcc_cmake>

Comments are welcomed, do not hesitate to open an issue.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15942
