---
title: "Restore WIZ750SR_v1.2 to factory state"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15844"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15844/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "dh13015317"
created: "2025-08-19T04:27:45+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-11-07T07:49:55+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["W7500P"]
views: 11
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Restore WIZ750SR_v1.2 to factory state

## Question

Asked by dh13015317 on 2025-08-19 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I am using the W7500 ISP Tool to restore the firmware (Boot and App) so it operates as it did when purchased. Note I was able to find the device on the network using the S2E Configuration Tool before I tried to program it. The tool no longer finds the device. What .bin file should I use, how should the ISP Tool be configured, and what switches should I configure on the evaluation board (WIZ750SR-EVB_v1.0)? I previously had the Erase All Data/Code Memory set and Write MainFlash set on the ISP Tool (all other options unchecked) and tried various versions including WIZ750SRv142_incl_boot.bin. Thank you.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by TheoIm, 2025-08-19

**[How to Use the ISP Tool]**

First, set switch SW4 on the WIZ750SR EVB board to **BOOT mode**, then power on the board (this puts it into Boot mode).

Launch the ISP tool, select the corresponding USB port, and click **OPEN**. In the log at the bottom left of the tool, check for the message **"serial open complete"**. This signal indicates a successful connection. (If it does not appear, the board is not in Boot mode or another tool is occupying the USB port.)

Select **Erase All Code Memory**, then specify the path to the binary file.

Click **"Start All Steps"** to load the firmware.

If you previously used the ISP tool with the **Erase All Data/Code Memory** option, the MAC address may not have been written, which prevents the Configuration Tool from finding the device via Search. If you suspect the MAC address has not been set, connect a terminal tool to the EVB board at **115200 baud** and manually enter the MAC address.

For example, if the MAC address is **00:08:DC:12:34:45**, enter:
MC00:08:DC:12:34:56$0d$0a

Thank you

### Reply 2 by dh13015317, 2025-11-07

When using the WIZnetMACTool, should the BOOT pin be tied to VCC? Also, should the text window simply display "Read MAC Address" and then "Finish Write Address"? What boxes should be checked? Thank you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15844
