---
title: "WIZ550SR Change Config over serial Port"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15834"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15834/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "PaulBryson"
created: "2025-08-13T01:46:06+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-08-19T10:07:38+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 6
replies: 7
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ550SR Change Config over serial Port

## Question

Asked by PaulBryson on 2025-08-13 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I would like to use WIZ550SR in my product design. Using the serial port, I want to change from the Factory default :
1. TCP Server Local Port
2. DHCP setting
3. Connection Password

Is this possible?
If the parameters cannot be configured by serial port, can I order the modules preprogrammed with my preferred configuration?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Grace_Koo, 2025-08-13

Hello,

For items 1 and 2, you can change the settings via the serial port using AT commands.
Please refer to the following links for details:
<https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/S2E-Module/WIZ550SR/command-manual-EN#network-commands>
<https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/S2E-Module/WIZ550SR/command_tutorial-EN>

The AT command to change the connection password is not supported on this product.
When you say "factory default," do you mean that you would like to change the default values that the device reverts to after performing a factory reset?

### Reply 2 by PaulBryson, 2025-08-14 (in reply to reply 1)

By "Factory default" I mean the values that the product ships with - I assume these are the values that device reverts to after a factory reset.

I could not get the server local port to change using those commands. I see a command that will temporarily open a socket with a specific port - but that port change does not seem to persist; and the socket gets closed when you leave AT mode.

In any case, I need to persistently change all three of these parameters for my application. To be specific, I need to clear out the connection password - i.e. connect with no password.

It seems that this capability existed in previous modules - why was this deleted?

Is there a similar product that does support these commands?

### Reply 3 by Grace_Koo, 2025-08-14 (in reply to reply 1)

Hello,

It seems I gave you incorrect information earlier regarding the AT command. I apologize for that.
Please refer to the explanation in the following link for the MODE change AT command:
<https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/S2E-Module/WIZ550S2E/at-command-eng#atnmode>

For the AT command to change the password, please see this link:
<https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/S2E-Module/WIZ550S2E/at-command-eng#atmpass>

As you initially mentioned, if you would like to receive products with modified factory default values, the minimum order quantity is 1K units.
Also, please note that the WIZ550SR is scheduled for obsolescence.

### Reply 4 by PaulBryson, 2025-08-15 (in reply to reply 1)

Thank you for you help. I don't want to chose a soon to be obsolete product for my design.

Is there a module similar to the WIZ550SR that is not going obsolete?

### Reply 5 by Grace_Koo, 2025-08-18 (in reply to reply 1)

Hello,

Please compare the products at the link below and let us know which product you are interested in, so we can check whether it is scheduled for obsolescence.

<https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/S2E-Module/s2e_module>
Alternatively, if you share the specifications you require, we can suggest a similar product.

Thank you.

### Reply 6 by PaulBryson, 2025-08-18 (in reply to reply 1)

Any Ethernet to serial module without an integrated RJ45 connector might meet my requirements, such as:
1. WIZ500SR-RP
2. WIZ750SR-100
3. WIZ752SR-120

The following are also possible substitutes (but do not seem to be available from the usual distributors):
4. **W5500S2E-Z15. W5500S2E-S1**

### Reply 7 by Grace_Koo, 2025-08-19 (in reply to reply 1)

All of the products you mentioned currently have no plans for obsolescence.
However, please note that the WIZ500SR-RP may be subject to a PCN (Product Change Notice) or possible discontinuation.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15834
