---
title: "Running W55RP20 on 200 MHz using Micropyton"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15829"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15829/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "jewest"
created: "2025-08-07T15:56:33+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-08-08T16:18:50+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["MicroPython", "W55RP20"]
views: 5
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Running W55RP20 on 200 MHz using Micropyton

## Question

Asked by jewest on 2025-08-07 in MCU & Boards.

Hello,

I am using the official repro from wiznet and I have the W55RP20 running on 125 MHz.

The application works but I need some processing power to make the user experience a bit better. set the CPU to 133 with the frequency command.

During my search I found that the chip now is officially supported with 200MHz option.

But the repro of wiznet is not up to date with the main trunk.

and the W55RP20_EVB_PICO is not added to the main trunk.

So how do I get the latest code for the W55RP20_EVB_PICO?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jewest, 2025-08-07

This is not a genuine reply — it's clearly an AI or auto-generated response. It doesn't address the issue and even points back to the same form for a solution. Completely unhelpful.

### Reply 2 by Hannah, 2025-08-08

Hello,
The W55RP20 is not yet officially supported in MicroPython.
Currently, an official Pull Request for support is in progress.

Please refer to the link below for details:
<https://maker.wiznet.io/Grace_Koo/projects/micropython%2Dsupport%2Din%2Dprogress%2Dpr%2Dfor%2Dwiznet%2Dw55rp20%2Dw5500%2Dw5100s%2Devb%2Dpico2/>

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15829
