---
title: "openOCD using Daplink on W7500P"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15737"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15737/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "osmanyurdakul"
created: "2025-05-24T21:52:04+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-05-27T09:15:21+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 6
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# openOCD using Daplink on W7500P

## Question

Asked by osmanyurdakul on 2025-05-24 in MCU & Boards.

Hello everyone,

I got a new W7500P Wizwiki eval board. I was able to build it using ARM GCC compiler on Eclipse. But I've been failing configure the debug using openOCD and onboard daplink. I cannot find a proper .cfg for target chip anywhere and have no idea how to create one from ground-up. Is there anyone who has any experience in that?

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/upload/ckeditor5/24639281%5F1748123516%2Epng)

Thanks in advance

Osman

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Grace_Koo, 2025-05-27

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Currently, the device you mentioned is not officially supported by OpenOCD, so we do not recommend manually creating a `.cfg` file for it.
Instead, we suggest using Keil µVision with DAPLink, which is a more stable and officially supported option for the WIZwiki-W7500 platform.

You can find detailed setup instructions at the following link:
🔗 [How to debug WIZwiki-W7500 with Keil µVision](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/Mbed-WIZwiki-Platform/Getting-Started/how-to-debug-wizwiki-w7500#set-flash-algorithm)

Additionally, if you're interested in alternative tools, we also provide guidance on using PyOCD for debugging:
🔗 [PyOCD Debugging Guide (SURF5 example)](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/Open-Source-Hardware/surf5/getting-started/debugger-surf5)

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions.
Thank you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15737
