---
title: "getting started with WIZ510SR-RP"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15736"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15736/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "fuzzysw"
created: "2025-05-21T22:40:31+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-05-22T09:51:48+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 7
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# getting started with WIZ510SR-RP

## Question

Asked by fuzzysw on 2025-05-21 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I just purchased two WIZ510SR-RP and I am trying to first have a simple setup for demo purposes.
1. They are connected to each other via ethernet cable.
2. Each one is connected via "serial to usb" cable to the terminal program Teraterm.
3. Teraterm settings are 115000 8N1
4. WIZ510SR-RP #1 is setup as a TCP client with ip 192.168.11.2 and remote host 192.168.11.3, port 5000
5. WIZ510SR-RP #2 is setup as a TCP server with ip 192.168.11.3, port 5000
6. Each one is powered by a 5V wall adapter
7. Subnet and gateway are 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.2.1
8. Status is "CONNECT" on both devices

I am typing characters at one terminal hoping to see them echoed at the other terminal but nothing happens.
What am I missing in my setup?
I looked at Wireshark and all I see are ARP requests from my PC asking whois 192.168.2.1.
I see no TCP communication from either device.
I also tried UDP but no luck ther either.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by fuzzysw, 2025-05-22

I reset both boards using the factory reset option. and re-set up the boards based on your suggestions

steps 1, 2, 3, 5 all ok

step 4, I am using a switch with normal patch cables

step 6. not sure where in the config tool to disable these

step7,8. no traffic observed. Activity light does not change when i type at the terminal.

BTW the gateway was set to 192.168.11.2. What I indicated in my original question was a typo.

Still no activity except arp on Wireshark and UDP activity only during device search.

### Reply 2 by Aimee0, 2025-05-22

You can check the communication with the following configuration:

**WIZ510SR-RP #1 (TCP Client)**

- Local IP: `192.168.11.2`

- Subnet Mask: `255.255.255.0`

- Gateway: `192.168.11.1`

- Local Port: `5000`

- Remote Host IP: `192.168.11.3`

- Remote Host Port: `5000`

**WIZ510SR-RP #2 (TCP Server)**

- Local IP: `192.168.11.3`

- Subnet Mask: `255.255.255.0`

- Gateway: `192.168.11.1`

- Local Port: `5000`

If communication is still not established, please test using **WIZ510SR-RP (TCP Client)** and a PC running a tool such as **Hercules** acting as the TCP Server.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15736
