---
title: "Starting W5500 with SPI"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15681"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15681/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Arno23"
created: "2025-04-08T15:12:31+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-04-16T09:43:04+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["W5500"]
views: 12
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Starting W5500 with SPI

## Question

Asked by Arno23 on 2025-04-08 in Ethernet Chips.

I want to integrate W5500 Chip in my project. I have an Arduino ethernet shield 2 and i want to use that dev board with my RH850 MCU.

For start I send a command via MOSI 0x00, 0x39, 0x00 to get the version number of the chip and check if SPI is working. I then sent 0xFF on MOSI so i can read the answer from W5500 on MISO line.

On the oscilloscope I can only see the activity on MOSI (message sent correctly) but MISO stayed at 0. Is there any settings or steps i need to do with w55oo before inquiring the version number?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Arno23, 2025-04-08

What/how is the proper reset sequence?

### Reply 2 by Aimee0, 2025-04-16

You can refer to examples and manuals of these links.

<https://github.com/Wiznet/W5500-EVB/tree/master>

<https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/iEthernet/W5500/Application/tcp>

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15681
