---
title: "WIZnet-PICO-AWS-C on W5500-EVB-Pico2"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15651"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15651/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "multistars7"
created: "2025-03-21T16:57:31+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-03-28T14:26:24+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 6
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZnet-PICO-AWS-C on W5500-EVB-Pico2

## Question

Asked by multistars7 on 2025-03-21 in Ethernet Chips.

I am using Visual Studio Code and the extension Raspberry Pi Pico.

I compiled WIZnet-PICO-AWS-C.

What steps do I need to take to debug examples/aws_iot_mqtt?

A warning appears if PROJECT_NAME.elf is missing.

Unable to find executable file at
c:/Wiznet-PICO_AWS-C/build/${PROJECT_NAME}.elf

In CMakeLists.txt, PROJECT_NAME is set to WIZNET-PICO-AWS-C.

The elf to be debugged is aws_iot_mqtt.elf.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by multistars7, 2025-03-21

Cortex-Debug did not allow the program to be specified.

I specified aws_iot_mqtt.elf as executable.

"executable": "${workspaceRoot}/build/examples/aws_iot_mqtt/aws_iot_mqtt.elf"

But the GDB Server does not work.

OpenOCD: GDB Server Quit Unexpectedly. See gdb-server output in TERMINAL tab for more details.

The GDB Server works with the example blnk.

### Reply 2 by multistars7, 2025-03-26 (in reply to reply 1)

Instead of creating two elf files, aws_iot_http and aws_iot_mqtt, in one project,
could you split them into two projects?

WIZnet-PICO-AWS-C/examples/aws_iot_mqtt
WIZnet-PICO-AWS-C/examples/aws_iot_http

I would like the top-level CMakeLists.txt to look like this:

# Set project informations
project(aws_iot_mqtt C CXX ASM)

I think many users who buy the W5500-EVB-Pico2 are not familiar with makefiles.

As it is, you can only write executable files.

Thank you in advance.

### Reply 3 by TheoIm, 2025-03-28

We are unable to provide guidance regarding debugging using the J-Link GDB Server. Our support is limited to the usage of WIZnet chips. It would not be appropriate for us to explain how to use third-party debuggers, as it may lead to potential errors. We kindly ask for your understanding.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15651
