---
title: "Implementing a H1102NL (magnetics) and a W5500 chip on a PCB"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15649"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15649/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "wouter"
created: "2025-03-20T05:12:35+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-03-28T15:44:11+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["W5500"]
views: 3
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Implementing a H1102NL (magnetics) and a W5500 chip on a PCB

## Question

Asked by wouter on 2025-03-20 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi, I'm trying to implement the W5500 IC on a PCB, to add ethernet connectivity to the RP2350 chip. I've made the following schematic:

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/upload/ckeditor5/215444984%5F1742446844%2Epng)

This design has been heavily based off of [the available reference schematic](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/iEthernet/W5500/ref-schematic). When trying to turn this into a PCB design, I've struggled with getting the ethernet traces routed right:

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/upload/ckeditor5/215444984%5F1742447132%2Epng)

I'm using a Neutrik NE8FAH ethernet connector, which does not have integrated magnetics requiring me to use a transformer like the H1102NL. Is my routing good like this, or should I fix this by switching the TX and RX pairs around?

I could turn my schematic into this:

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/upload/ckeditor5/215444984%5F1742447507%5F0%2Epng)

(quick and dirty switch, but should get m point across). This would significantly simplify my PCB, and hopefully improve my odds of getting ethernet working.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jaden, 2025-03-28

As you mentioned, routing TX to pins 1 and 3, and RX to pins 6 and 8 of the T1 (H1102NL) is considered the best approach.

If you need a review after routing, please feel free to share the Gerber files.
If you're hesitant to share them publicly, you can send them directly to Jaden@wiznet.io.

Thank you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15649
