---
title: "RP2350 (W5100S-EVB-Pico2 ....) Arduino pico fork"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15635"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15635/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "benuretech"
created: "2025-03-11T05:05:06+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-03-17T10:27:46+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["Arduino IDE"]
views: 5
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# RP2350 (W5100S-EVB-Pico2 ....) Arduino pico fork

## Question

Asked by benuretech on 2025-03-11 in MCU & Boards.

Hi,
I would like to know if there is any plan in forking Arduino Pico or making any other way of making the EVB-Pico2 (W5100S-EVB-Pico2 ....) compatible with Arduino and/or FreeRTOS.

I'm trying to migrate my projects to the W5100S-EVB-Pico2, but they are all based on Adruino. I might try to migrate to the RP SDK but, I'm not sure about the FreeRtos compatibility. The easiest by far would have it to work with Arduino Pico.

The current Arduino Pico already has some compatibility but very limited. For example I can only do DHCP, I can't assign a IP, which is required for me since it's a direct connection.

Anyway, to main question is to know if there's any plan in forking the Arduino Pico or make some librairies compatible for arduino.

Thank You

## Replies

### Reply 1 by matthew, 2025-03-17

Hi Currently, the WIZnet-EVB-Pico2 series (W5100S-EVB-Pico2, W5500-EVB-Pico2, W6100-EVB-Pico2) can be programmed using Arduino. You may find the following link helpful for getting started:

[How to Use WIZnet-EVB-Pico2 in Arduino IDE](https://maker.wiznet.io/matthew/projects/how%2Dto%2Duse%2Dwiznet%2Devb%2Dpico2%2Din%2Darduino%2Dide/)

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15635
