---
title: "Build environment for WIZnet W5500-EVB-Pico in Windows"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15614"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15614/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Philip"
created: "2025-02-26T21:51:06+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-02-27T09:40:09+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 4
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Build environment for WIZnet W5500-EVB-Pico in Windows

## Question

Asked by Philip on 2025-02-26 in Ethernet Chips.

Is there an installation guide for dummies?

I have a **WIZnet W5500-EVB-Pico**

I have a working Raspberry Pi Pico folder

**C:\VSARM\sdk\pico\pico-examples**

I can build the Pico examples with

**C:\VSARM\sdk\pico\pico-examples\build\cmake ..**

I can build any Pico project eg

**C:\VSARM\sdk\pico\pico-examples\build\blink make**

I also have the WIZnet source code in folder **WIZnet-PICO-C**

What steps are required to build any or all the projects for the W5500

thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by TheoIm, 2025-02-27

There are a number of ways to do it, but right now, Pico doesn't officially provide a Pico board build guide because many sites are offering build guides. If you need a reference to develop WIZnet's project, you can find help in the content below.

https://maker.wiznet.io/TheoIm/projects/a%2Dsimple%2Dguide%2Dto%2Dbuilding%2Dthe%2Dwiznet%2Dpico%2Dc%2Dlibrary%2Dwith%2Draspberry%2Dpi%2Dpico%2Din%2Dvs%2Dcode/?page=3&serob=rt&serterm=year

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15614
