---
title: "How to make a TCP Client/Server with C programming?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15490"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15490/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "Lautarosco"
created: "2025-01-08T03:59:05+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-01-08T03:59:05+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 5
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# How to make a TCP Client/Server with C programming?

## Question

Asked by Lautarosco on 2025-01-08 in MCU & Boards.

Hello! I hope you are all doing well.

I want to ask how to make a simple TCP or UDP client/server with W5500 EVB Pico. I can follow the examples for DHCP and SNTP, but I can't find any documentation for making a simple server/client with C Language.

I don't really need the SSL example, just plain TCP/UDP data transaction. Is there any documentation I am missing for this module? I can't find anything except from whats in GitHub

## Replies

### Reply 1 (verified answer) by WIZnet AI assistant (automated answer), 2025-01-08

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. For creating a simple TCP or UDP client/server with the W5500 EVB Pico, you can refer to the example projects available on GitHub. These examples provide a good starting point for implementing TCP/UDP communication. Here are some resources you might find helpful: 1. **Loopback Test Example**: This project demonstrates a loopback test for TCP server, TCP client, and UDP. You can find it on GitHub under the W5500-EVB projects. 2. **WIZnet Documentation**: The [WIZnet documentation site](https://docs.wiznet.io) provides various application notes and examples that might be useful. You can search for specific examples related to TCP/UDP communication. 3. **GitHub Repositories**: You can explore the WIZnet GitHub repositories for more example projects and libraries that can help you implement TCP/UDP communication in C. Some relevant repositories include: - [WIZnet-ioLibrary](https://github.com/WIZnet-ioLibrary) - [W5500-EVB-Pico](https://github.com/WIZnet-ioLibrary/W5500-EVB-Pico) If you need further assistance or specific examples, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to guide you! Best regards, WIZnet AI Support Team

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15490
