---
title: "W55RP20-S2E-1.0.7 project won't compile?!?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15489"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15489/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "herztro"
created: "2025-01-07T14:54:34+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-04-08T10:21:25+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 13
replies: 8
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W55RP20-S2E-1.0.7 project won't compile?!?

## Question

Asked by herztro on 2025-01-07 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I'm able to compile other projects with out any problem, but when I try to compile the W55RP20-S2E-1.0.7 project, I get the following errors:

* Executing task: C:\Users\jcastro/.pico-sdk/ninja/v1.12.1/ninja.exe -C C:\abba\W55RP20-S2E-1.0.7\W55RP20-S2E-1.0.7/build

ninja: error: loading ''build.ninja'': The system cannot find the file specified.

ninja: Entering directory `C:\abba\W55RP20-S2E-1.0.7\W55RP20-S2E-1.0.7/build''

* The terminal process "C:\Users\jcastro\.pico-sdk\ninja\v1.12.1\ninja.exe ''-C'', ''C:\abba\W55RP20-S2E-1.0.7\W55RP20-S2E-1.0.7/build''" terminated with exit code: 1.
* Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by herztro, 2025-01-07

I've tried all of the steps listed and the problem still exists. Please advise.

### Reply 2 by JonathanB, 2025-01-27

I am stuck with the same problem.

### Reply 3 by herztro, 2025-01-28

Ran the git command as shown here and everything worked fine:
https://maker.wiznet.io/mason/projects/build%2Dand%2Doperation%2Dguide%2Dfor%2Dw55rp20%2Ds2e%2Dserial%2Dto%2Dethernet/

### Reply 4 by JonathanB, 2025-02-04

I tried following the video but still get "ninja: error: loading ''build.ninja'': The system cannot find the file specified"

### Reply 5 by Grace_Koo, 2025-02-10

Hello,

If you are still encountering the same error even after following the video, it is possible that the files have been corrupted. We recommend re-importing the Pico project.

Please reopen the project folder using Visual Studio Code and go to the **Raspberry Pi Pico Project** tab on the left side. From there, try **import project** again.

Thank you.

### Reply 6 by miaalexandra, 2025-03-01

To develop and modify W55RP20-S2E, the development environment must be configured so that RP2040 can be used. W55RP20-S2E was developed by configuring the ... I think it's a smart move as[Spacebar clicker](https://spacebar-clicker.org/)  the price is below what an individual W5500, RP2040 and flash IC would cost. A lot of board space can be reduced.I am having problems compiling and running a new project that I have just made using the latest version of JUCE and Visual Studio The solution has been found: How do I make it all just one file rather than three? I bit the bullet and stuck the two files at the bottom of what I have.

### Reply 7 by herztro, 2025-04-05

Now[v1.1.2](https://github.com/WIZnet-ioNIC/W55RP20-S2E/releases/tag/v1.1.2), that was updated 2 days ago, won't compile after reimporting the project several times. Was something broken in the last udpate?

### Reply 8 by Grace_Koo, 2025-04-08 (in reply to reply 7)

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response.
May I ask which version of the ARM toolchain you are currently using?

For W55RP20-S2E, we recommend compiling with **pico-sdk 2.0.0** and **ARM toolchain version 13.2.Rel1**.
We will update the project shortly to ensure compatibility with other versions as well.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
Grace

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15489
