---
title: "w5500/w6100-evb-pico2 Arduino UDP"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15343"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15343/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "benuretech"
created: "2024-11-05T01:04:47+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-11-05T01:17:31+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["W5500", "Arduino"]
views: 8
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# w5500/w6100-evb-pico2 Arduino UDP

## Question

Asked by benuretech on 2024-11-05 in Ethernet Chips.

I'm looking for any example for UDP communication based on Arduino for the EVB with RP2350.

Preferably on w6100 IPv6, but that is a bit dreaming, the support on the rp2040 version of w6100 is already limited. But w5500 and even w5100s would do.

I'm spending quite a bit of time trying to get anything to work with the new earlephilhower Raspberry Pi Pico Arduino core.

It says it support the W5500-EVB-PICO2. But it's very different from the wiznet fork. I don't understand the example using wifi librairy. And I can only find some Async broadcast UDP example, but can't make it work.

I tried using wiznet ethernet librairy on phil arduino core, but it doesn't work neither.

The only thing that I ever been able to make work (for UDP) is the old wiznet fork of arduino core. I'm willing to explore the direct RP2040 SDK, but it seems like a whole new can of worms.

And also, an additional question. In the setting of the arduino core, we have various options of the ethernet stack (IPv4, IPv6+Ipv4, IPv6+Ipv4 + 32k ,.....). How does that relate to the wiznet librairy? If I try to use the w6100 wiznet librairy, should I select IPv4+Ipv6 (which doesnt work when selected). That part is also pretty confusing.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by benuretech, 2024-11-05

The main issue is trying to use the new evb-pico2 (rp2350). The old wiznet fork is not compatible with it.
The reason I need eventually to have the IPv6 to work is because I use the board in direct connection with business laptop that has administrator privilege. The auto IPv4 without DHCP doesn't always match the range of the IP of the arduino for a plug and play connection. But the Link-local addresses of IPv6 does work. However their is some conflict on the implementation of the w6100 librairies and arduino core.

But for now, I would say the main issue is trying to migrate to the rp2350 mcu.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15343
