---
title: "W5500-EVB-Pico2 doesn't reboot after flashing MicroPython"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15338"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15338/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "Juergen"
created: "2024-10-27T19:55:43+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-02-05T14:10:51+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 17
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500-EVB-Pico2 doesn't reboot after flashing MicroPython

## Question

Asked by Juergen on 2024-10-27 in MCU & Boards.

Hi all,
My brandnew W5500-EVB-Pico2 doesn't reboot after flashing MicroPython.
I can enter the flash mode and copy the W5500_EVB_PICO-20241025-v1.24.0.uf2 file to the W5500-EVB-Pico2. But it doesn't reboot.
I've tested the same W5500_EVB_PICO-20241025-v1.24.0.uf2 file with a RPi Pico W and the RPi Pico W reboots. I can also connect to the board with Thonny. So the W5500_EVB_PICO-20241025-v1.24.0.uf2 file must be ok.

Does anybody has the same issue or can provide a solution?
Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards,

Juergen

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Juergen, 2024-10-27

I'''ve performed all the steps described. The issue still exists.
Another brandnew board shows the same issue. The board revison Rev 1.0

Flashing flash_nuke.uf2 lets the W5500-EVB-Pico2 reboot.

### Reply 2 by Juergen, 2024-10-28

Solved:
Currently there is no MicryPython version available for the W5500-EVB-Pico2.
W5500_EVB_PICO-20241025-v1.24.0.uf2 works only with the W5500-EVB-Pico board.
See <https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15339> for details

### Reply 3 by cecilyen, 2025-01-22 (in reply to reply 2)

There’s a pull request on MicroPython’s GitHub to add support for the W5500-EVB-Pico2 and W5100S-EVB-Pico2. Check it out here: https://github.com/micropython/micropython/pull/16280

### Reply 4 by Gruber, 2025-01-24

I've made a firmware, see thread: <https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15529>

### Reply 5 by TheoIm, 2025-02-05

The .uf2 file W5500_EVB_PICO-20241025-v1.24.0.uf2 was built for the PICO (RP2040) and is likely not compatible with the PICO2 (RP2350).

Expected Issue: Differences between RP2040 and RP2350 The PICO2 uses the RP2350, but the current MicroPython firmware was likely built targeting RP2040.
Since the RP2350 has some hardware differences from the RP2040, a .uf2 file built for the RP2040 may not run properly on the RP2350.

Therefore, I recommend testing the firmware on an RP2040 board first to confirm that it boots properly. If it does, then this firmware is not compatible with the PICO2.

Regards.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15338
