---
title: "W5500 + HR911105A No Link"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15331"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15331/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "balossini"
created: "2024-10-24T23:42:59+09:00"
last_activity: "2025-06-17T16:11:46+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 6
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 + HR911105A No Link

## Question

Asked by balossini on 2024-10-24 in Ethernet Chips.

Good Morning Forum

I thank you for the support you will give me

I have the following problem.

I have a W5500 connected to a Pic Microchip with which I communicate via SPI. I read and write correctly on w5500 but I never have an Active Link Status. the cable is never recognized.

I don't think it's a software problem. because the W5500 should do this recognition by itself. once a "physical" communication has been established I can open a socket.

it's Correct?

thanks

Marco

Attachments:

- [W5500.png](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/getAttach.asp?aidx=126)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by balossini, 2024-10-24

1. No Activity LED on the Ethernet connector

2. PHYCFGR register i read 0XBA

3. i supposed the pin are checked and correct. you can check the schematics?

4. the schematics are copied from reference schema

5. I produced 5 prototypes

### Reply 2 by chintanmungra, 2025-06-17

I have same issue but in my it links fine when i reset pic18f46k42 2-3 times or when its in debugging mode or when pickit is connected to pc on boot it auto reset but when pickit is not connected it sometime links sometime doesnt if you have found any solution please help

### Reply 3 by Alan, 2025-06-17

Hello

I would appreciate it if you could send the schematic to alan@wiznet.io. Thank you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15331
