---
title: "Ability to read RAW ethernet frames on W55RP20-EVB-PICO"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15321"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15321/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "nen"
created: "2024-10-22T15:59:09+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-11-12T17:14:07+09:00"
language: "en"
tags: ["MicroPython", "ionic-contest-ref", "W55RP20"]
views: 11
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Ability to read RAW ethernet frames on W55RP20-EVB-PICO

## Question

Asked by nen on 2024-10-22 in MCU & Boards.

Hi,
Is there a possibility to read raw Ethernet frames on W55RP20-EVB-PICO using Micropython (or C)?
Where we can find documentation with the list of available/supported methods and protocols?

I was late to submit my ioNIC contest project, but still want to complete it.

Kind regards,
Nen

## Replies

### Reply 1 by nen, 2024-10-22

But do you have an example how to create RAW type of socket?
I tried a couple of standard python ways but it seems that "AF_PACKET" and similar options are not supported. I guess I need to pass a specific registry value to create this type of socket.

### Reply 2 by josephsr, 2024-11-12

Dear nen,
I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response.
I thought it might be helpful to bring to your attention a recently created C language ping example (https://github.com/wiznetmaker/WIZnet-PICO-PING-C).

Specifically, you might find it useful to see how SOCK_IPRAW is utilized in this example. I believe examining this implementation could provide valuable insights for your project.
If you have any questions about the example or need further clarification, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to assist you in any way I can.
Thank you for your patience, and I hope this information proves helpful.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15321
