---
title: "W5500-EVB-PICO RP2040 is not working with ping example on github"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15242"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15242/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "yellowbits"
created: "2024-07-01T12:57:48+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-07-01T12:58:14+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 34
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500-EVB-PICO RP2040 is not working with ping example on github

## Question

Asked by yellowbits on 2024-07-01 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello Folks, I am not sure if anyone come across this issue but I am failing ping test from wiznet micropython github repo ([RP2040-HAT-MicroPython/Ethernet Example Getting Started \[Micropython\].md at main · Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-MicroPython · GitHub](https://github.com/Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-MicroPython/blob/main/Ethernet%20Example%20Getting%20Started%20%5BMicropython%5D.md#ping)). I am running latest micropython (v1.23) on w5500 with unix laptop (popos). The test scripts executed perfectly. However, when I go to command line to ping the address listed in test script (192.168.1.20) I hit with error. The destination is unreachable. Based on some debugging, I found the RP2040 is connected to computer via ethernet. However, the ethernet was not sending or receiving the data. I am at my wits end on whats wrong.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15242
