---
title: "How to output the scrambled idle pattern for ethernet compliance testing?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15234"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15234/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "waldhol"
created: "2024-06-06T11:53:28+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-06-06T17:06:53+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 59
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# How to output the scrambled idle pattern for ethernet compliance testing?

## Question

Asked by waldhol on 2024-06-06 in Ethernet Chips.

We are using the W5100 in one of our designs.
For ethernet compliance testing I am supposed to output a “scrambled idle pattern”.

From a different post I understand that the W5500 will create this pattern automatically when connected to the test equipment.

What do I have to do so that the W5100 chip will create this pattern?

Thank you
Best regards
Holger

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2024-06-06

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/w/bc79bd/48.png) waldhol:

> What do I have to do so that the W5100 chip will create this pattern?

Take the scope and look at the waveforms. To my knowledge you do not have access to such functions through regular interface.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15234
