---
title: "Questions on how to build and flash firmware on the W5500-EVB"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15204"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15204/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "W5500-user"
created: "2024-04-20T17:02:53+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-04-20T17:02:53+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 92
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Questions on how to build and flash firmware on the W5500-EVB

## Question

Asked by W5500-user on 2024-04-20 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello my friends,

I just started setting up the EVB and its required software whatnots to interact with the board and perhaps build a firmware and flash it.

So, far it seems that I need one application for building the app which is LPCXpresso, one application to flash the firmware which is Flash Magic, one application to see the TCP/UDP logs which is Hercules, and one application to see the serial port logs on Windows which is PuTTy.

I have two questions:

1. is it possible to do both of the build and flash steps in VS code?

2. Is there any documentation regarding the build process? I have read the following document:

<http://docs.wiznet.io/Product/iEthernet/W5500/W5500-EVB/make-new-projects>

, but it does not say much about how to actually build a firmware and its whatnots:

Is there any blogpost or well-documented git repo that you would recommend checking out?

Thanks

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15204
