---
title: "W6100 GET Request with python"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15196"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15196/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Kasper"
created: "2024-04-12T11:19:05+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-04-25T07:34:40+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 97
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W6100 GET Request with python

## Question

Asked by Kasper on 2024-04-12 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,

I’m completely new to Wiznet, so apologies if I’m asking basic questions.
I would like to make GET request to a own server which runs at port 80 (basic HTTP request without headers or something).
I prefer to run with MicroPython, since I like their urequests library a lot and I know that that library works.
The board should run at a static IP.

I can blink the LED on the board, but somehow if I try code with the module “network” thonny indicates that there is no module named “network”.

I would be very happy if someone could guide me a bit! Appreciated!!

## Replies

### Reply 1 by NUK, 2024-04-25

Hi,
I have Arduino MKR Zero Board and W6100 MKR- Ethernet Shield. I am interfacing both using SPI connections and using Latest Wiznet Ethernet Library but I am unable to ping the Ethernet Shield. I am using MOSI, MISO, SCK and CS pin too. What Ethernet Library should I use for W6100 if there is any? Please guide.
Regards,
Najeeb

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15196
