---
title: "Talking to W5500 using SPI"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15189"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15189/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "SGMAKS"
created: "2024-04-05T17:06:45+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-04-08T14:33:30+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 175
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Talking to W5500 using SPI

## Question

Asked by SGMAKS on 2024-04-05 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello,

I want to talk to the W5500 (on my custom board) via SPI using an external driver or module where I can send/receive SPI commands/data. Perhaps, a USB to SPI module and an application where I can send data (like TeraTerm used for UART). Are they any products and software’s that you make/recommend for this? Or alternative methods?

Thank you!

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2024-04-06

Would be better if you explain the application of the W5500 in your product. Otherwise browse the WIZnet catalog for available modules to play with.

### Reply 2 by SGMAKS, 2024-04-08 (in reply to reply 1)

just plain old Ethernet communication via TCP protocol using RJ45 connector where SPI lines are in communication with an MCU.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15189
