---
title: "W5500 And POE RJ45 with no RCT and TCT"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15183"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15183/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Adam Glynn"
created: "2024-03-26T13:15:02+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-03-27T13:54:03+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 112
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 And POE RJ45 with no RCT and TCT

## Question

Asked by Adam Glynn on 2024-03-26 in Ethernet Chips.

I know a post like this has been made, but the links to solutions seem to have been deprecated.

I would like to use the W5500 chip on my board, as well as a PoE controller (Si-3404), but I’m finding it very difficult to find an RJ45 connector with TCT and RCT pins. Is it possible to configure the W5500 with only a CT pin on the RJ45 connector?

If so, can someone help with the change in schematic please?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2024-03-26

[link which should never die](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/iEthernet/W5500/ref-schematic).

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15183
