---
title: "ngrok forwarding"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15175"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15175/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "EdiWiz"
created: "2024-03-16T12:24:52+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-03-19T17:26:32+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 156
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# ngrok forwarding

## Question

Asked by EdiWiz on 2024-03-16 in Ethernet Chips.

It is possible to connect to tcp://0.tcp.ap.ngrok.io:19914 using W5500? If it is not possible, what other similar alternative can I use?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by bruno, 2024-03-17

It is not possible to directly enter the DNS address in the driver.

Use the function below in ioLibrary_Driver/Internet/DNS/dns.h to obtain the IP address and then enter the IP address.
ex)
DNS_run(dns_ip, site, site_ip);
connect(sn, site _ip, port);

Please refer to the link below

[W5500 에서 TCP/IP 접속 을 DDNS로 하는 방법을 알고싶습니다.](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/4825/2) [W5500](https://maker.wiznet.io/c/tcp-ip-chip/w5500/18)

> 안녕하세요 driver상에서 dns주소를 직접 입력할 수 없게 되어있습니다. ioLibrary_Driver/Internet/DNS/dns.h에서 아래 함수를 사용하시어 ip주소를 얻은후에 ip주소를 넣어주시면 됩니다. ex) DNS_run(dns_ip, site, site_ip); connect(sn, site _ip, port); [\[image\]](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/3351a7c0bccad92b4c120daa01084e83370652a8.png)

### Reply 2 by EdiWiz, 2024-03-19 (in reply to reply 1)

I answered by mistake in the other thread, but I’ll check it out and also try it.

Thanks.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15175
