---
title: "About data frame 0x90"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15167"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15167/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "abalore"
created: "2024-02-28T11:34:09+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-03-11T23:08:43+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 118
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# About data frame 0x90

## Question

Asked by abalore on 2024-02-28 in Wireless.

Hello,

In an application I’m doing, after issuing an AT+CIPSEND command I send the data using the control code 0x91 (AT CMD) and everything still works fine. Is there any reason to specifically use 0x90 to send data?

Thank you

## Replies

### Reply 1 by austin, 2024-02-28

Hi [@abalore](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/abalore)

When sending data using ‘AT+CIPSEND’, no control code is required, such as 0x90 or 0x91 etc.

In normal cases, you enter the AT command in the form of ‘AT+CIPSEND=’ or ‘AT+CIPSEND=,’ and then send data by entering amount of data.

### Reply 2 by abalore, 2024-02-28

Hello, thanks for your answer.

I must mention I’m doing it via SPI. According to documentation a TX data frame is required to send data.

### Reply 3 by austin, 2024-03-05

Hi [@abalore](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/abalore)

When using SPI to send data, please set 0x90 in the control phase as mentioned above.

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/b49c15c0f7835ce5310352a2f5a2c124ce0ae8ff.png) image1134×771 98 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/b49c15c0f7835ce5310352a2f5a2c124ce0ae8ff.png)

There is a WizFi360 SPI example, so it would be good to refer to it.

- [GitHub - wizfi/WizFi360-SPI-to-Uart-in-Nucleo](https://github.com/wizfi/WizFi360-SPI-to-Uart-in-Nucleo)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15167
