---
title: "W7500P I2C communication"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15128"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15128/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "Dumitru"
created: "2024-01-22T11:44:26+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-01-22T23:31:05+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 216
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W7500P I2C communication

## Question

Asked by Dumitru on 2024-01-22 in MCU & Boards.

Dear ms or mrs, I buy your development board [WIZnet WIZwiki-W7500P](https://www.mouser.sk/ProductDetail/WIZnet/WIZwiki-W7500P?qs=49jCJYXrXPjZidwPvgn6AA%3D%3D) on yours web page [W7500P-Product](https://www.wiznet.io/product-item/w7500p/) I see information about W7500P, this mcu has two hardware I2C which can work in Fast-mode (400 kbps) but in datasheet I found only pinout SDA/SCL [w7500x_I2C.pdf](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=a85XR8GqmhXaAjEmfeUG2npU16N.pdf) (188,5 КБ), in reference manual there is information that it supports I2C but registers a mistake.[w7500x_rm_I2C_.pdf](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=oceE9kExNivzV4GysbEPGzR8BPk.pdf) (107,8 КБ)
On development board i see I2C pin too
[D15->SCL0;D14->SDA0;D13->SDA1;D10->SCL1](https://www.wiznet.io/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/w7500p_pin.jpg)

I need to work with both I2C0/1 in fast mode , please tell me description of the registers for working with I2C interface and update datasheet with I2C0/1 registers if it is possible .

thank you and have a nice day.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by TheoIm, 2024-01-22

Hello, I’m WIZnet Theo.

W7500 and W7500P do not have separate support for I2C functionality. However, the W7500 MCU series has examples where I2C is implemented using GPIO outputs. For the I2C functionality, you can refer to the i2c.c and i2c.h libraries. However, I would like to reiterate that this is not actually operated by I2C peripheral, but implemented by GPIO. Please check the link below for more information.

Link : [W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib/Projects/W7500x_StdPeriph_Examples/GPIO/GPIO_I2C at master · Wiznet/W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib · GitHub](https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib/tree/master/Projects/W7500x_StdPeriph_Examples/GPIO/GPIO_I2C)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15128
