---
title: "W7500P S2e chip is not working.link problem."
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15119"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15119/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "hanbitmicro"
created: "2024-01-14T12:30:00+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-01-16T02:22:49+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 142
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W7500P S2e chip is not working.link problem.

## Question

Asked by hanbitmicro on 2024-01-14 in MCU & Boards.

I developed a board to use W7500P S2E chip which is preinstalled S2E feature.
But it isn’t connected to network.
When I debug the w7500 S2E F/W in Keil IDE, it shows Link never been successful.
After phy_ini(), the link() doesn’t return return success.

I am using W7500 with PHY IC in different board at the same network, it works fine.
How to check PHY link is up and running correctly.
I have erased the chip whole and programmed it by ULINK2 in Keil.
I have 4 boards which uses the W7500P S2E preprogrammed.
But none of them has been successful in link.

How to check the W7500P internal PHY is up and running ?
How to resolve this situation ?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jaden, 2024-01-15

안녕하세요.
W7500-S2E 기반으로 커스텀 PCB를 제작하셨다면 W7500 관련 회로도부터 검토 해드리겠습니다.
본 포럼에 PDF로 업로드 부탁드립니다.

### Reply 2 by hanbitmicro, 2024-01-15 (in reply to reply 1)

Thanks. Please find the attached schematic of W7500p part.
The RJ45 jack is the one I am using with W7500 and DM8603.
[w7500p.pdf](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=mRb1M6bC3D1Wbb1aDqYfqaSLD93.pdf) (399.4 KB)

### Reply 3 by jaden, 2024-01-16

W7500P-S2E requires the use of the [WIZ750SR schematic](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/S2E-Module/WIZ750SR/datasheet#wiz750sr).
But your schematic is very different from the WIZ750SR schematic.

1. Add ISET resister(6.19K) on W7500P 32pin

2. DNP R61,R62,R63,R64,C71,C73

3. Move LINK_LED net pin28 → pin23

4. Add HW_TRIG(EN AT mode) on pin 28

5. Add 232/485 Select pin on pin 11
   pull-up is 485 Pull down is 232/TTL

6. Add serial 0Ω on MDI line.
   This may be needed for EMC debugging in the future.

7. Make sure Y3 is 12Mhz.

### Reply 4 by hanbitmicro, 2024-01-16

Thanks for your comment.
I found out I missed the connection ISET to GND through 4K7.
I will try put it on and get the result soon.
Thanks again for your comment.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15119
