---
title: "Connecting Two W7500P-S2E Devices Via Ethernet Patch Cable"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15102"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15102/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "Harish Kumar Singh"
created: "2023-12-28T08:37:50+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-12-28T08:37:50+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 115
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Connecting Two W7500P-S2E Devices Via Ethernet Patch Cable

## Question

Asked by Harish Kumar Singh on 2023-12-28 in MCU & Boards.

Hi,

I have designed many products using W7500P-S2E and all are working fine for more than a year on customer sites.

However, I am not able to decide on how to connect two W7500P devices together via ethernet patch cable.

The scheme would be like this:
[USB to RS485 Converter] — [ Device A: RS485 to Ethernet W7500P-S2E] ---- / — [Device B: Ethernet to RS485 W7500P-S2E] — [RS485 to USB Converter]

For testing, I have two WIZ750SR-RS485 boards with me.

I would like to understand;

1. What to configure in ‘Device A’ and ‘Device B’? Client & Server respectively or TCP Mixed via cross-over ethernet patch cable?

2. Do you foresee any problem in my application?

Thanks

Regards,
Harish KS

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15102
