---
title: "W6100-evb-pico mqtt - arduino ide"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15064"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15064/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Aroo Aroo"
created: "2023-11-09T14:38:16+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-11-15T01:38:16+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 368
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W6100-evb-pico mqtt - arduino ide

## Question

Asked by Aroo Aroo on 2023-11-09 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi everybody

I am newbie in microcontrolers so i am sorry if my question is nothing new…

I’ve bought wiznet w6100-evb-pico with ethernet. My purpose is create client mqtt at that boards.

- First i thought i can use micropython to write mqtt client - i see a lot of example… - but i find information micropython was version for W5500 or W5100 but not for W6100.

I’ve accepted that and next try was a arduino - I’ve installed arduino ide. I returned to version 1.8 arduino ide because newer has a problem with ethernet.h library - at 1.8 example at webserver working (i can see him at my local network ip) - so great.

Now I try find a library to set up client mqtt - and … i have a problem - i see a few libraries for w6100 at library but i had error with my board so I’ve think reason is… that library is for w6100-evb - not for w6100-evb-pico. Do you have idea what i should do?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Matthew, 2023-11-10

hello.
To program w6100-evb-pico in arduino IDE, you need to add and use “WIZnet/arduino-pico”, a separate library distributed by WIZnet.
To add WIZnet/arduino-pico, follow the steps below.

1. Additional Board Manager URLs: [GitHub - WIZnet-ArduinoEthernet/arduino-pico: Raspberry Pi Pico Arduino core, for all RP2040 boards with Ethernet from https://github.com/earlephilhower/arduino-pico](https://github.com/WIZnet-ArduinoEthernet/arduino-pico)

2. Install Raspberry Pi Pico Board by Earlephilhower or WIZnet

3. Use Example code

You can find more details at these links.

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/9/9e566708de48e9d40949216fd3bfa178ae8a0f28.png) [Hackster.io](https://www.hackster.io/loveivyou/ipv4-ipv6-w6100-evb-pico-with-arduino-ide-6bb7df)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/6da63a839df3fd03eddd143c118145c8d580d08b.jpeg)

### [IPv4/IPv6 W6100-EVB-Pico with Arduino IDE](https://www.hackster.io/loveivyou/ipv4-ipv6-w6100-evb-pico-with-arduino-ide-6bb7df)

W6100 is a hardwired Internet controller chip supporting IPv4/IPv6 dual stack. By taylor(taejin an).

### Reply 2 by Aroo Aroo, 2023-11-10

1. I added “Additional Boards Manager URLs” field
   [![obraz](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/d/db23b61a98aa9d7c3020bb489c7312a8c2eb2b36.png) obraz888×615 36.7 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/d/db23b61a98aa9d7c3020bb489c7312a8c2eb2b36.png)

2. I installed library by wiznet
   [![obraz](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/c/ce74c03798ad397f0e35ce1aff9944f6fcf4e359.png) obraz967×547 19.2 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/c/ce74c03798ad397f0e35ce1aff9944f6fcf4e359.png)

3. I’ve tested default examples blink and WebServer examples
   [![obraz](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/4b37d8715e3c24ee53c59c538bd0b2881b8113ee.png) obraz1918×1026 102 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/4b37d8715e3c24ee53c59c538bd0b2881b8113ee.png)

4. And now my purpose is … simple mqtt client - which library i can use at W6100-evb-pico to reach this? in this example i see they use W5100-evb-pico but they used micropython, which is not supported by w6100-evb-pico…

### Reply 3 by Matthew, 2023-11-15 (in reply to reply 2)

I don’t know of any MQTT for Arduino IDE officially provided by WIZnet.
To implement MQTT with the W6100-EVB-Pico in the Arduino IDE environment, you can use the MQTT library and examples provided by the Arduino IDE.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15064
