---
title: "W5500 is Heating"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15054"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15054/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Sametzedmir"
created: "2023-10-30T12:21:49+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-11-01T15:18:04+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 252
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 is Heating

## Question

Asked by Sametzedmir on 2023-10-30 in Ethernet Chips.

I’m working on a project using W5500. Proje is working. There isnt a problem. But W5500 is heating. What can I do about this problem. RSVD pins is floating. And Pmode pins is 3.3V(Directly). I think the problem stems from this. Please help me.

[![w5555](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/e/ea3df7bd6dc45d7366e295ff0a025ca8fddc6b6a.png) w55551070×630 12 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/e/ea3df7bd6dc45d7366e295ff0a025ca8fddc6b6a.png)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2023-10-30

It will heat because chip has PHY drivers inside. You should be able to hold a finger on the chip, but it must be hot during the operation. Power PHY down using PHYCFGR register and check if it still heats. And I do not think these pins are the cause unless chip is defective.

### Reply 2 by Sametzedmir, 2023-11-01

Thanks for reply Eugeny. Can you explain more your saying? How I configurate power of PHY. When i researching, i found ‘setPHYCFGR()’ . But i dont know what i do?

Best Regards,

### Reply 3 by Eugeny, 2023-11-01 (in reply to reply 2)

[Datasheet](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/iEthernet/W5500/datasheet) page 42.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/15054
