---
title: "RP2040-HAT-FREERTOS-C Fail when building examples"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14935"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14935/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "ibercomp"
created: "2023-06-09T10:04:13+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-07-02T22:22:55+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 269
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# RP2040-HAT-FREERTOS-C Fail when building examples

## Question

Asked by ibercomp on 2023-06-09 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,

I’m trying to build the RP2040-HAT-FREERTOS-C examples with Visual Studio Code and GCC 12.2.1 arm-none-eabi compiler. I have environment configured as in RPI Pico Getting Started, chapter “9.2 Building on MS Windows”, and I’m able to build blink_led and other basic examples of pico_sdk.

I have cloned the github repository as “git clone --recurse-submodules [GitHub - Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-FREERTOS-C: FreeRTOS Example for RP2040](https://github.com/Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-FREERTOS-C.git)”

I have configured the CMakeLists.txt with W5100S.

I get the next errors during building process (around 80% of process completed):

- mbedtls library: ssl_tls.c → void ssl_calc_verify_tls_sha256 is expecting unsigned char * and is found unsigned char hash[32]

- tcp_client_over_ssl example: w5x00_tcp_client_over_ssl.c → unknown type name ‘time_t’

Any idea of what I am missing?

Kind Regards

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ibercomp, 2023-06-09

Also trying to build the RP2040-HAT-C is failing on:
w5x00_mqtt_publish.c:235:8: error: unknown type name ‘time_t’

### Reply 2 by austin, 2023-06-11

Hello [@ibercomp](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/ibercomp)

If you have configured your development environment correctly, you should be able to see the RP2040-HAT-FREERTOS-C build without any issues.

This seems to be the problem with your development environment, Could you check your development environment again?

### Reply 3 by ibercomp, 2023-06-15

Hi,
I have checked the environment and it’s ok, just as in the PI Pico guide. In order to build successfully I had to modify some include files in the examples .c files.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14935
