---
title: "Hostname for W5500 webserver"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14904"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14904/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Vien Huy Nguyen"
created: "2023-05-09T21:35:45+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-05-10T15:43:54+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 305
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Hostname for W5500 webserver

## Question

Asked by Vien Huy Nguyen on 2023-05-09 in Ethernet Chips.

I have a WIZ550web board which uses web pages to control the I/O on the board. The default address is 192.168.11.100 and I can access the web pages by putting this address on the address bar in the web browser.
Can I give a name to it for easier access? For example, instead of putting the ip address, I can name it wiznetserver and when I put wiznetserver on the address bar in the browser it will connect to the board and serve the web pages.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2023-05-10

This is performed through DNS - name resolution service on the network. I guess this is out of scope for W5500 software and not relates to the W5500, but to the network configuration.

### Reply 2 by Vien Huy Nguyen, 2023-05-10 (in reply to reply 1)

So can I create a frame and send it to my DNS server?
I don’t have much knowledge on the subject and will do more research, but is it possible? Also could you give me a few pointers? Thanks

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14904
