---
title: "W5500 Schematic and PCB layout revies"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14878"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14878/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Matt"
created: "2023-04-19T15:09:10+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-04-19T15:29:47+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 614
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 Schematic and PCB layout revies

## Question

Asked by Matt on 2023-04-19 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi all,

Please could you review my schematic and PCB layout for the W5500:

Schematic -

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/f916b260ebe537def14395537bfc793e7e0b187e.png) image1432×430 53.2 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/f916b260ebe537def14395537bfc793e7e0b187e.png)

PCB 3D Top -

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/1/1464ad5e6410f070988ed64d08036c0032fd260b.png) image896×753 103 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/1/1464ad5e6410f070988ed64d08036c0032fd260b.png)

PCB 2D -

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2a3ec6bce671b2378f43be5f5d79a8a51daae130.png) image905×703 79.2 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2a3ec6bce671b2378f43be5f5d79a8a51daae130.png)

The decoupling caps are on the underside of the board:

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/a/a42115afb4b740653f92ee0bd3c9941bd94e696c.png) image817×831 57.4 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/a/a42115afb4b740653f92ee0bd3c9941bd94e696c.png)

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/a/aa89f569412ca4a6bade461fce0be9cfdc0545c3.png) image558×622 36.8 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/a/aa89f569412ca4a6bade461fce0be9cfdc0545c3.png)

How does this look?

Thank you!

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2023-04-19

Did you see [layout guide](https://www.wiznet.io/wp-content/uploads/wiznethome/Chip/W5100/Hardware/w5100_hardware.zip)?
Regarding circuit diagram you can copy-paste it from [here](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/iEthernet/W5500/ref-schematic).

### Reply 2 by Matt, 2023-04-19 (in reply to reply 1)

I hadn’t seen that layout guide before. However, I did use the reference schematic, I was just seeing if I made any obvious mistakes in comparison.

The layout guide seems to match what I have done by the looks of it? Mayveb the only thing is to change the signals going to the magnet. Mine are around 16mm from the magnetic component to teh resistor/cap combo. Is this sufficient to satisfy the following:

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/f117d7e0318d5453920ca87d13552893def8971d.png) image798×486 15.3 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/f117d7e0318d5453920ca87d13552893def8971d.png)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14878
