---
title: "Password in WizFi360"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14838"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14838/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "lentec"
created: "2023-03-22T15:40:08+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-04-17T23:02:04+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 243
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Password in WizFi360

## Question

Asked by lentec on 2023-03-22 in Wireless.

Using eg. WizFi360 in devices everyone (even hobbyist) can peek a communication between microcontroller and WizFi360 on tracks (I am using SPI interface, but this problem is also for the UART). Is this possible to use some password for the communication and prevent understanding of data?
For example, I can set password during production in WizFi360. Nobody can read this password from WizFi360. I am using this password in a microcontroller. So, nobody can understand the encrypted communication. Such solution is very important for MQTT (to protect data in AT+MQTTSET, AT+MQTTTOPIC etc.) or SSL communication.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by austin, 2023-03-28

Hello [@lentec](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/lentec)

TCP and MQTT supports SSL/TLS.

Please refer to ‘AT+CIPSTART’ / ‘AT+MQTTCON’ in the document below.

- <https://docs.wiznet.io/img/products/wizfi360/wizfi360ds/wizfi360_atset_v1118_e.pdf>

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14838
