---
title: "Changing MAC address"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14794"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14794/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "rmc"
created: "2023-01-30T13:31:34+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-01-31T06:45:06+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 421
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Changing MAC address

## Question

Asked by rmc on 2023-01-30 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I’ve seen other posts regarding MAC address change but am unclear on how what is exactly required.

My device is WIZ750SR-100, I do not have an EVB board and plan on connecting to the ISP pins with the UART pins.

Could you please explain the process of changing the mac address with explicit steps?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2023-01-31

Sorry for my late reply.
I have replied to the post below.

[Change name of WIZ750SR](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/10645/4) [WIZ100/105/110SR](https://maker.wiznet.io/c/serial-to-ethernet-module/wiz1xxsr/24)

> To change the MAC address, you need to change the source code of Boot and app . → What this means is…You need to compile the source code. If it complete you can obtain the a *.bin file, it should upload through your ISP. After that is complete using the hercules tool when connected it should automatically read input first MAC? → If you upload the new *.bin file completely, you can see the serial the message as “INPUTT FIRST MAC?” Then for changing the device name, how would I uploa…

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14794
