---
title: "W7500P-S2E or W7100A-S2E"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14789"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14789/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "DejanH"
created: "2023-01-25T19:14:43+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-02-07T06:09:01+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 281
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W7500P-S2E or W7100A-S2E

## Question

Asked by DejanH on 2023-01-25 in MCU & Boards.

Hello,
I’m searching for S2E IC (not module) and I can find that there are two variants - W7500P-S2E ans W7100A-S2E. Which one is more appropriate? I’m definitely searching for unit with lower power consumption and operating temperature range also under 0 degrees C. From this point of view, W7100A should be right model, since W7500P is not declared for use under 0 degrees C. However, I’m worried because on Mouser webpage is shown that W7100A is not recommmended for new design - is planning that this model will be out of production in near future?
Many thanks,
Dejan.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Matthew, 2023-01-26

Hello, I’m WIZnet Matthew.
There are currently no plans to discontinue the W7100A-S2E.
Many thanks

### Reply 2 by DejanH, 2023-01-26

Hello Matthew,
many thanks for your reply.
Just a question - have you ever use W7500P-S2E unit at temperatures under 0 degrees C? Is commercial temperature range for this IC used for some reason, can we expect that something will not work if this chip is used at -10 or -15°C for example?
Many thanks,
Kind regards,
Dejan.

### Reply 3 by Matthew, 2023-02-07 (in reply to reply 2)

Sorry for late reply.
W7500P-S2E operates only at commercial temperature range, not below freezing(under 0 degrees C).
Many thanks

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14789
