---
title: "RP2040-HAT-C build Error"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14757"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14757/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "su1994"
created: "2022-12-26T07:46:20+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-01-15T23:22:42+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 382
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# RP2040-HAT-C build Error

## Question

Asked by su1994 on 2022-12-26 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello,
I’m trying to use W5100S-EVB-Pico in C-.
I followed “[RP2040-HAT-C/getting_started.md at main · Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-C · GitHub](https://github.com/Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-C/blob/main/getting_started.md)” and downloaded your code and tried to build Sample project.
when compiling the project in visual studio, I am getting an error message.( Screen shot attached)

[![compile Error_Img1](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/bb01c2709c5f9542959c1d69151e7716475e18d6.png) compile Error_Img11920×1018 85.5 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/bb01c2709c5f9542959c1d69151e7716475e18d6.png)

[![ProjectInclude_Img0](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/5084e12c46842bcc301ab3176054d5ee6627d3c1.png) ProjectInclude_Img01920×1020 96 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/5084e12c46842bcc301ab3176054d5ee6627d3c1.png)

[![ProjectInclude_Img1](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/8/80c0c242e92cbe87b44bca1484281a600b9f836b.png) ProjectInclude_Img11920×964 93.7 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/8/80c0c242e92cbe87b44bca1484281a600b9f836b.png)

[![ProjectInclude_Img2](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/d/d5e05fd268c5ebcde84d57c9227dd4bcaa7860ee.png) ProjectInclude_Img21920×906 96.4 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/d/d5e05fd268c5ebcde84d57c9227dd4bcaa7860ee.png)

Followed Download options:

1. download your sdk from git

2. move to loopback folder in examples

3. mkdir build

4. cd build

5. cmake
   Note: In the visual studio code -
   If we include Example Project mentioned in the Directory (RP2040-HAT-C ) in the VS Code src under main.( c/cpp) facing compile Error.
   I have followed all documents mentioned in the guide.

Please provide the solution for this issue.

waiting for reply!

## Replies

### Reply 1 by austin, 2022-12-27

Hello [@su1994](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/su1994)

If you changed the structure of the RP2040-HAT-C project, you need to modify the file related to CMake according to the changed structure.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14757
