---
title: "Example code Virtual com port"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14753"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14753/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "lc wizard"
created: "2022-12-21T12:56:04+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-12-23T08:02:23+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 213
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Example code Virtual com port

## Question

Asked by lc wizard on 2022-12-21 in Ethernet Chips.

There are ethernet to serial modules available which work as a virtual com port in windows. I was wondering if this code for the wiznet chip is free available to integrate the virtual com port into my own design with W5500? At one TCP port I do my own stuff, at another TCP port it could work as virtual com port?

Thanks!

## Replies

### Reply 1 by lawrence, 2022-12-23

Hello [@lc_wizard](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/lc_wizard)
could you share more details which s2e product you use?
And only 750sr is opened all resource. so without it, it is hard to custom the code to add another tcp port.
I wander your network design. could you make sure your plan?

s2e tcp port #1 &lt;–ethernet–> PC (virtual com)
s2e tcp port #2 &lt;–ethernet–> PC (tcp port)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14753
