---
title: "WIZnet TLS example + W5500"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14752"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14752/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "nogema"
created: "2022-12-21T08:01:49+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-12-23T17:00:33+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 712
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZnet TLS example + W5500

## Question

Asked by nogema on 2022-12-21 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello,
I’m trying since few days to run the example **[W5x00-TLS](https://github.com/WIZnet-ioLibrary/W5x00-TLS)** from Wiznet but the handshake stays blocked at the step `MBEDTLS_SSL_SERVER_HELLO`. My board is a Nucleo-L152RE
I have read on the forum some topics about people who successed to run this example but they didn’t mention how did they do

Any help or clue or steps to take are welcome. I can add the debug output if needed

Best regards

Maxime

## Replies

### Reply 1 by lawrence, 2022-12-23

Hello, [@nogema](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/nogema)

could you first check spi working?

we can check tls function after checking loopback or ethernet network with io module.

### Reply 2 by nogema, 2022-12-23 (in reply to reply 1)

Hello,

I have already run the example HTTP successfuly. After all, I successed to run the handshake by changing the configuration in the config.h file in Drivers/TLS/mbedtls/include/mbedtls.

My issue now is my configuration only works for some website. I think the problem comes from the features of the public key but sometimes even with two websites with the same public key features (for example, RSA 2048), the handshake fails.
I think I have a lack of knowledge about the TLS protocol and I miss some parameters.

Regards,

Maxime

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14752
